The Keswick Quarterly
In February 1926, H. P. Smith (who had worked for a time on the oldest newspaper in Victoria, the Geelong Advertiser) published the first issue of The Keswick Quarterly. Its full title was The Keswick Quarterly and Upwey Convention News, and later The Keswick Quarterly and Belgrave Heights Convention News. Published four times a year, at no cost to its readers, The Quarterly reviewed past conventions, often including personal testimonies, sermons, and reports from house parties and camps, and publicised forthcoming conventions. It also published the details and locations of missionary prayer meetings, and included articles by Bible teachers, book reviews and reports from Bible Colleges interstate and in New Zealand. Addresses given at Keswick (England) were often included, and updates on the evangelistic outreaches of the MGC, the “Upwey Missionaries”, and many others. Some of the earlier editions were more than 80 pages long.
After the death of H.P. Smith others continued the work, sometimes working together as joint editors. They included W.T. Wright, Arthur Pocklington, J. Howard Kitchen, and J. Oswald Sanders.
The last publication appeared in November 1969.
A complete set of The Keswick Quarterly is now stored in the library at MST, and can be viewed by appointment.
Please see below for recent BHC newsletter publications: